Course: Issues in Mental Health Research in Developing Countries
The following assignments are conducted on the course bulletin board, which is available to enrolled students. These same topics and questions can also be used for face-to-face classroom or small group discussion.
Bulletin Board Discussions
» BBS 1: What Makes an Emergency Complex?
- What defines an emergency?
- What kind of emergencies are "simple" or specific and time limited?
- What kind of emergencies are "complex"?
- What makes these emergencies complex? What are the factors that are different from "simple" or time-limited emergencies?
» BBS 2: Risk & Resiliency - Assignment Instructions (MP3)
- Write a one- or two-sentence definition of the words "risk" and "resiliency".
- Write a brief explanation of how they are differentiated from one another.
- Post your definitions and differentiations to the course bulletin board.
» BBS 3: Interventions for Vulnerable Populations
- What mental health issues might they present with?
- What interventions might be appropriate?
- Include an explanation for why you selected the intervention.
- What issues will need to be considered to adapt the interventions?
» BBS 4: Proposal Pitch Questions
- Listen to the proposal pitch presentations and post questions to the bulletin board.