Course: Public Health Biology
There is no required textbook for the course. However, the following texts are suggested as references. All except the last one are available electronically by clicking on the hyperlinked book title.
- Medical Microbiology. 4th ed. Baron, Samuel, editor.
Galveston (TX): University of Texas Medical Branch; c1996.
- Immunobiology. 5th ed. Janeway, Charles A.; Travers, Paul; Walport, Mark; Shlomchik, Mark. New York and London: Garland Publishing; c2001.
- Biochemistry. Berg, Jeremy M.; Tymoczko, John L.; and Stryer, Lubert. New York: W. H. Freeman and Co.; 2002.
- Molecular Biology of the Cell. 4th ed. Alberts, Bruce; Johnson, Alexander; Lewis, Julian; Raff, Martin; Roberts, Keith; Walter, Peter. New York: Garland Publishing; 2002.
- Genomes. 2nd ed. Brown, T. A. Oxford, UK: BIOS Scientific Publishers Ltd; 2002.
- Introduction to Genetic Analysis. 7th ed. Griffiths, Anthony J. F.; Miller, Jeffrey H.; Suzuki, David T.; Lewontin, Richard C.; Gelbart, William M. New York: W. H. Freeman & Co.; c1999.
- Genes and Disease. Bethesda (MD): National Library of Medicine (US), NCBI.
- Cancer Medicine. 6th ed. Kufe, Donald W.; Pollock, Raphael E.; Weichselbaum, Ralph R.; Bast, Robert C., Jr.; Gansler, Ted S.; Holland, James F.; Frei III, Emil, editors. Hamilton (Canada): BC Decker Inc.; c2003.
- Biology, 5th ed. (1998), by NA Campbell, JB Reece, LB Mitchell. Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, San Francisco.